URBAN DEVELOPMENT OF AN AERIAL GUIDEWAY PEOPLE MOVER IN THE DETROIT CBD
This paper presents findings of the functional and engineering feasibility studies for an aerial guideway people mover system (PMS) within the Detroit Central Business District (CBD). Emphasis is placed upon the process of developing alternative alignments and their evaluation. A detailed discussion is included regarding the problems of constructing an aerial guideway within an existing urban center and how the environmental requirements are met in achieving a plan commanding broad-based community support.
- Prepared for meeting 24-28 February 1975.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Dietz, R J
- Bondada, M
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Guideways; Intelligent transportation systems; People movers; Suspended structures
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Aerial structures; Guideway systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00125839
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 750446 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM