MASS TRANSPORTATION VEHICLES AND PEOPLE MOVERS
The purpose of this paper is to give an overview of developments in mass transportation vehicle and people mover design and to illustrate the constraints facing the industrial designer. To discuss specific transportation projects which Sundberg-Ferar has been directly involved in, such as the San Franciso BART Car; the Washington, D.C. Metro; the New York City Transit Authority R-44 Subway Car; the Morgantown and Dashaveyor people movers. Also, vehicle design for both exterior and interior components with commentary on design criteria and final results.
- Prepared for meeting 24-28 February 1975.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Heck, R A
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Development; People movers; Public transit; Rapid transit; Vehicle design
- Identifier Terms: Dashveyor Transit System
- Uncontrolled Terms: Driver license renewal
- Subject Areas: Design; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00125837
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 750440 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1981 12:00AM