HIGHLIGHTS OF UMTA'S RAIL PROGRAM
This paper highlights the role of the rail research programs of the Urban Mass Transportation Administration (UMTA). Included are descriptions of several recently developed computer transit cars-the state-of-the-Art Car, The Advanced Concept Train and dual-powered, gas turbine/electric cars. Also discussed are efforts by UMTA in developing test facilities for urban rail vehicles and in furthering research in tunneling technology and noise abatement.
- Presented at the SAE Automotive Engineering Congress and Exposition, Detroit, 24-28 February 1975.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Silien, J S
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Commuter cars; Commuting; Development; Dual mode transportation systems; High speed rail; Hybrid automobiles; Light rail vehicles; Noise control; Railroad transportation; Research; State of the art studies; Test drivers; Test facilities; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: State of the Art Car (Rapid transit car); U.S. Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced passenger trains
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Railroads; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00125831
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 750441 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1981 12:00AM