NEW TRANSIT MODES: APPLICABILITY AND CURRENT STATUS
A survey of new urban transportation systems around the world reveals that four significant technology classes are presently emerging: Moving Way Transit (MWT), Light Guideway Transit (LGT), Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) and Dial-A-Bus (DAB). The author concludes that LGT a state-of-the-art, that accelerating MWT systems are at an awkward state with respect to the markerplace that high capacity PRT appears to be no less than four years away from state-of-the-art and the DAB systems are operational.
- Presented at the Society of Automotive Engineers Automotive Engineering Congress and Exposition, 24-28 February, 1975 in Detroit, Michigan.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Elms, C P
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated vehicle control; Energy; Guideways; Mode S; Paratransit services; Personal rapid transit; Rapid transit; State of the art; State of the art studies; Technology; Transportation; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Guided vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Dial-a-bus; Transportation technology
- Subject Areas: Energy; Operations and Traffic Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00125830
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 750214
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1981 12:00AM