PRT IMPACT ON TRANSPORTATION
The increasing congestion of urban areas requires multimodal transportation solutions. Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) is discussed as one of the supporting modes for regional systems as a feeder to high-speed corridors and for circulation and distribution missions. PRT may begin as small loop or linear systems and expand to complex network grids in planned phases. For equal dollars spent, increased ridership and route coverage is possible with PRT systems versus line-haul corridor systems. All modes must complement each other.
- Prepared for SAE meeting, February 24-28, 1975.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Holt, W J
- Samusson, L
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Intelligent transportation systems; Personal rapid transit; Ridership; Routes; Transportation corridors; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00125804
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 750445 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1982 12:00AM