VARIABLE SPEED DRIVE FOR BOW THRUSTERS
A bow-thruster with variable-speed drive provides better maneuverability of a ship. A variable-drive system incorporating a 125 hp three-phase slip-ring induction motor and a Smit Varislip transductor control-unit is discussed. After a brief explanation of the working principle of the Smit Varislip, the construction of the bow-thruster and its drive is described. The main features of this drive are summarized.
Smit Nijmegen Electrotechnische Fabrieken N.V.Groenestraat 336
- Groters, G
- Publication Date: 1970-5
- Pagination: p. 14-15
- Volume: 6
- Issue Number: 1
- Publisher: Smit Nijmegen Electrotechnische Fabrieken N.V.
- TRT Terms: Bow thrusters; Electric drives; Thrusters
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00024838
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1973 12:00AM