HAND BOOK OF HIGHWAY ENGINEERING
Emphasizing current trends and technology, this volume provides concise date on planning, design, construction, maintenance, and operation of highway systems. It is written by fifty practicing professionals, all recognized authorities in their fields. The book includes practical information on integrating highways with their physical environments, controlling noise and air pollution, increasing the efficiency of existing highways, and conserving energy and other natural resources. It thoroughly covers such topics as highway policies and administration, economics, safety, route location, geometric design, traffic control, right of way acquisition, drainage, subgrades, foundations, landscape development, equality control, cost estimation, maintenance, and snow and ice control.
Van Nostrand Reinhold115 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY United States 10003
- Baker, R F
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 894 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Costs; Environmental protection; Geometric design; Highway design; Highway engineering; Highway maintenance; Highway planning; Noise; Road construction; Route choice; Subgrade (Pavements); Traffic control
- Uncontrolled Terms: Right of way
- ITRD Terms: 3455: Bridge; 1394: Catalytic converter; 3666: Construction method; 9011: Design (overall design); 2855: Highway design; 143: Planning; 9149: Prevention; 6748: Sound; 8526: Textbook; 654: Traffic control; 3374: Tunnel
- Subject Areas: Environment; Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Research;
- Accession Number: 00125770
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 16 1975 12:00AM