IMPLEMENTATION OF PILE GROUP STUDIES
The results of the studies on lateral capacities of piles and pile group foundations (1968 to 1973) have been implemented for design practices in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The implementation consists of design charts for pile foundations, existing data available from the literature on the soil parameter to be used with the design charts, data from all existing full-scale pile tests (lateral load), changes in "Design Manual Part 4 - Structures" of Penn. Department of Transportation, and two computer programs - optimization of design and general analysis of pile group foundations.
Bucknell UniversityDepartment of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Lewisburg, PA United States 17837
- Kim, J B
- CARRATO, P J
- Hollings III, W H
- Publication Date: 1975-7-31
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Design; Implementation; Optimization; Pile foundations; Pile groups; Piles (Supports); Structural tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Lateral loads
- Old TRIS Terms: Design data; Optimum design; Pile tests
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Research;
- Accession Number: 00125521
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: #1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: Penn DOT 53636
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 16 1975 12:00AM