THE DESIGN AND TESTING OF A COMPLETELY WATERPROOF ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR FOR AUTOMATIVE USE
The need for completely waterproof electrical connectors in automobiles has been caused by the sue of electronic circuitry requiring high insulation resistance between these circuits. To accomplish the necessary waterproofing together with the desirable objectives in any connector design required a new design approach and extensive testing. The various stages in developing one completely waterproof connector design are described.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Froats, R F
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Automotive engineering; Design; Electric circuits; Electric insulating materials; Waterproofing materials
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Circuits; Electrical connectors; Insulation resistance
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00125455
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #750137
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1975 12:00AM