RESIN BOUND AGGREGATE MATERIAL SYSTEMS
Data are presented on composition, strength, modulus of elasticity and thermal expansion for polymer concrete material systems. Resin systems included polyesters, epoxies, and vinyl esters. Fine and coarse aggregate fillers in volume fractions up to 0.85 were incorporated into the resin binders. Fiber reinforcement of various types, lengths, and contents was incorporated into several mixes. By a judicious selection of resin modifiers and filler materials a wide range of densities and strengths may be obtained: Unit weights from 20-150 1b/cu ft (0.34-2.4 gm/cu cm); compressive strengths from 500-19000 1b/sq in (40-1350 kg/sq cm); flexure strengths from 400-3700 1b/ sq in (30-260 kg/sq cm); splitting tensile strengths from 240-2500 1b/sq in (20-175 kg/sq cm); and, compressive moduli of elasticity from 0.04 x 10 to the 6th power - 4.6 x 10 to the 6th power 1b/sq in (2800-320000 kg/sq cm). Material property data on coefficients of thermal expansion, bond strength, water absorption, and effect of the elevated temperatures have been obtained.
- Presented at the 1st International Congress on Polymer Concretes, London, England, May 1975.
Army Construction Engineering Research LaboratoryP.O. Box 4005
Champaign, IL United States 61820
- Naus, D J
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Binders; Coarse aggregates; Compressive strength; Fillers (Materials); Fine aggregates; Materials; Modulus of elasticity; Resins; Thermal expansion
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00125387
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CERL-TM-M-145 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM