PENETRATION MACADAM AS A SURFACE TO MINIMIZE THE REFLECTED CRACKS FROM SOIL CEMENT BASE
This report on the stabilization of inferior materials for road base covers cement and lime stabilization, and describes experience which indicates that penetration macadam surface can minimize cracks. Penetration macadam can also prevent failure at the crack plane due to slab pumping action, and self-sealing can be expected with the right amount of applied bitumen. Design criteria are set forth and the construction method is detailed.
Thailand Department of HighwaysMaterials and Research Division
Bangkok 4, Thailand
- Rananand, N
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Bitumen; Calcium oxide; Cracking; Design; Failure; Paving; Penetration macadam; Pumps; Reflection cracking; Sealing (Technology); Slabs; Soil cement; Soil stabilization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Crack propagation; Design criteria; Stabilization
- Old TRIS Terms: Base maps; Sealing
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00125384
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 6 Res. Rept.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM