ROADWAYS AND AIRPORT PAVEMENTS
Modern paving techniques used on highway pavements, city streets, airport paving, and overlays are covered in this symposium. Examples of some outstanding research work are exhibited in several papers: a systematic study by the State of Indiana of continuously reinforced concrete pavements which have developed some premature distress, work that the Corps of Engineers has done on airport pavements under simulated aircraft gear loads, and Canadian work to evaluate the performance of steel fiber reinforced concrete slabs on grade. Maintenance procedures discussed are methods of removing unsound concrete and placing a concrete patch, and a method of effecting fast pavement repairs.
Detroit, MI USA 48219
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 296 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport runways; Continuously reinforced concrete pavements; Defects; Fiber reinforced concrete; Gears; Loads; Overlays (Pavements); Patching; Pavement distress; Pavement maintenance; Pavement performance; Pavements; Paving; Repairing; Streets
- Uncontrolled Terms: Loading
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway pavement
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00125365
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SP-51
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Dec 3 1975 12:00AM