ANALYTIC TIRE MODEL. PHASE I: THE STATICALLY LOADED TOROIDAL MEMBRANE
This document presents the final report on the development of a preliminary analytic tire model. The preliminary model is an isotropic toroidal membrane with inner edges bonded to rigid bead rings. The toroid is inflated and deflected against a frictionless flat surface. Solutions are obtained for (a) the deformed shape and contact boundary; (b) strain and stress distributions, including principal stresses; (c) normal (hoop and radial) and shear stress distributions on the bead rings; and (d) tire load as a function of inflaction pressure and loaded radius. Digital computer programs are included.
- Tire Traction Characteristics Affecting Vehicle Performance: Interim Document 10. Sponsored by the Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48109
- TIELKING, J T
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 216 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Deformation curve; Digital computers; Isotropic materials; Pressure; Shear stress; Static loads; Stresses; Tires
- Uncontrolled Terms: Contact pressure; Membranes
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical method; Isotropic mass; Membranes (Biology); Normal stress; Static loading
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00125340
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-PF-75-7 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 16 1975 12:00AM