STRESS STATE AND STABILITY OF A RECTANGULAR PLATE WITH A CUT-OUT
The critical value of the compressive force along one side of a square thin plate with a square cut in the center of dimensions half those of the plate itself is determined. A biharmonic equation for the stress function is solved with the aid of trigonometric series to determine the subcritical stress state. The solution exactly satisfies the boundary conditions on the external contour and only the minimization of the mean-square deviation for normal and tangential stress is derived on the internal contour. In the numerical calculation, 18 terms of the series are retained. The critical load is determined by the Ritz method and the curved surface is expressed in the form of a trigonometric series of sines.
- Papers of the Scientific-Technical Conference, 1967.
Nikolayev Shipbuilding InstituteNikolayev, USSR
- Pritykin, I A
- Publication Date: 1969
- Pagination: p. 11-13
- TRT Terms: Elasticity (Mechanics); Ship structural components; Structural analysis
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00019724
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Joint Publications Research Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 1 1973 12:00AM