RESEARCH LOCOMOTIVE AND TRAIN HANDLING EVALUATOR DEFINITION - CONCEPT 1. VOLUME III. ESTIMATED COSTS
Volume III describes the concept definition for a Research Locomotive and Train Handling Evaluator. Volume III presents cost estimates for designing, constructing and installing the Research Evaluator. Support facilities and buildings alongwith appropriate staffing are described but not costed. The Research Evaluator concept provides for growth from a basic facility to the full facility ultimately needed to carry out the FRA research program. Cost estimates are presented for both the basic, entry level facility and the ultimate facility.
- See also Volume 2, PB-276 365. Also available in set of 4 reports PC E13, PB-276 362-SET.
MB AssociatesP.O. Box 196, Bollinger Canyon Road
San Ramon, CA United States 94583
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Hulbert, S
- Wheeler, J
- Dompe, R
- Witham, C
- Csanky, L
- Publication Date: 1977-9
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Control; Cost estimating; Crash investigation; Dynamics; Estimates; Human factors; Human factors engineering; Locomotive engineers; Locomotive operation; Locomotives; Railroad simulators; Railroad trains; Railroad transportation; Research management; Safety engineering; Simulation; Test facilities; Train operations; Training; Training devices; Training simulators
- Old TRIS Terms: Control simulators; Locomotive engineer's tasks; Railroad trades
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00117495
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-77/47-VOL-3 Final Rpt., MB-R-77/25-VOL-3
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-64260
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 1978 12:00AM