THE COST OF SHIPS
The cost of newbuilding tankers and other ship types has shown rapid escalation as a result of rising labour and raw material costs and the reasons for this are examined in the report. International comparisons of steel and labour costs are made and the main differences between European, Japanese and UK shipbuilding methods outlined to determine the effect on overall costs. Historical trends in newbuilding prices are reviewed, while the study also takes a look at the credit facilities and other forms of aid which are available in different countries.
Drewry (HP) (Shipping Consultants) LimitedPalladium House, 1-4 Argyll Street
London W1V 1AD, England
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Shipbuilding; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Tanker construction
- Subject Areas: Finance; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00099994
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Drewry (HP) (Shipping Consultants) Limited
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 9
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM