THE OFFICE OF NAVAL RESEARCH PLASTICITY WORKSHOP
The objectives of the workshop were threefold: (1) to discuss the nature of the findings reported by Vaughan and Hunsaker; (2) to identify the best available work hardening laws for predicting time independent plastic response; (3) to make recommendations regarding future research directions which would be likely to result in a more general, improved hardening law or set of constitutive relations, that would make possible an efficient and accurate computational prediction of plastic response. The first two days of the meeting were dedicated to informal state-of-the-art presentations and discussions dealing with the experimental, analytical and computational aspects of measuring, understanding and predicting plastic deformation and response. The last day of the meeting was devoted to informal discussions directed at the workshop objectives.
- Sponsored by the Office of Naval Research, Department of the Navy. Presented at Texas A&M University, October 3-5, 1974.
Texas A&M University, College StationDepartment of Aerospace Engineering
College Station, TX United States 77843
- Saczalski, K J
- Stricklin, J A
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 207 p.
- TRT Terms: Plastic analysis; Plastic deformation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Inelastic behavior
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00099921
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Texas A&M University, College Station
- Report/Paper Numbers: 75-51
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM