JET BLAST TESTS ON FIBERGLASS-REINFORCED DCA-1295
This report describes an effort to evalvuate a dust-control system consisting of DCA-1295 reinforced with fiberglass scrim when subjected to jet blast tests with associated wind velocities in the range of those caused by operating C-5A aircraft. A sand panel and two clay panels were treated with DCA-1295 and reinforced with fiberglass scrim and found to withstand air blast velocities greater than 125 mph. It was recommended that the dust-control system be tested for the heavy-lift helicopter and that additional testing under actual C-5A operations be conducted using multiple layers of the dust-control materials.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/1T162112A131
U.S. Army Waterways Experiment Station3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, MS United States 39180-6199
- Styron III, C R
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Features: Figures; Photos; References;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Dust control; Fiberglass; Jet propelled aircraft; Reinforcement (Engineering); Velocity; Wind
- Uncontrolled Terms: Jets
- Old TRIS Terms: Wind velocity
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00099890
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 1T162112A131
- Report/Paper Numbers: S-75-21 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1975 12:00AM