RESEARCH BASE FOR DEVELOPMENT OF A NATIONAL CONTAINER POLICY
The Volume 3 Report includes chapters on the potential diversion of Canadian and U.S. overseas trade, the impact of container transport on labour and regional economies and other relevant topics including terminal charges, shipping rates and conference influences, container inventories, utilization and ownership and the legal and regulatory environment for the transport of containers.
- This report together with Volumes 1 & 2 completes the second phase of a 3 phase research program undertaken by the Systems Analysis Branch of the Canadian Transport Commission.
Swan Wooster Engineering Company, Limited1525 Robson Street
Vancouver V6G 1C3, Canada
- Publication Date: 1972-11
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 139 p.
- TRT Terms: Containerization; Economic analysis; Intermodal transportation; International trade; Policy; Socioeconomic factors; Transportation policy
- Geographic Terms: Canada; United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; National transportation policies
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Policy; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00099852
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Canadian Transport Commission
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 57
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1975 12:00AM