TRAIN DISPATCHING SIMULATION MODEL USER'S MANUAL
This report documents the use of the Train Dispatching Simulation (TDS) model developed for FRA under this contract. The model is programmed in PL/I for use on an IBM/360 or IBM/370. The general operation of the model is described. The necessary job control language to access and use the model is given. Model input conventions and requirements are described in detail for application of the model to conventional or hypothetical rail lines. Interpretations of error messages are provided and suggestions for effective use of the model are included. Finally, a case study application of the model illustration and application of the model to an existing line.
- This report is a result of the study entitled "Parametric Analysis of Railway Line Capacity" RRIS #21A 058275 in Bulletin 7501. Final report, FRA-OPPD-75-1, was issued August 1975.
Peat, Marwick, Mitchell and Company1025 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Prokopy, J C
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 61 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Mathematical models; Railroad facility operations; Signals; Traffic density; Train operation; Train operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Line capacity; Track capacity
- Old TRIS Terms: Ibm 360; Ibm 370; Mathematical studies; Pl/i; Train performance
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00099848
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-FR-4-5014-1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-4-5014
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1976 12:00AM