DEPARTMENTAL ACTION PLAN AND REPORT TO THE SECRETARY
This report on urban goods movement contains two main sections (1) a "Departmental Action Plan" and (2) a "Report to the Secretary," which were prepared by the Urban Goods Movement Task Force established in 1972. The "Department Action Plan" has been approved by the Secretary and is intended to deal with the organizational and structural aspects of the Department's role in urban goods movement. It addresses the questions of decentralization, intergovernmental and interagency relations, and the broad responsibility for initiative and oversight to insure continued momentum and coordination in urban goods movement activities at all levels. The "Report to the Secretary" is intended to provide an overview of urban goods movement, the associated problems, and related Department of Transportation activities.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight service; Policy; Regulations; Transportation departments; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Department of Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; Government regulations
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Law; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00099840
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Department of Transportation
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1981 12:00AM