MINERALS IN THE U.S. ECONOMY: TEN YEAR SUPPLY-DEMAND PROFILES FOR MINERAL AND FUEL COMMODITIES
The Bureau of Mines has prepared supply-demand diagrams and tables to highlight the flow of minerals through the U.S. economy. The selected mineral supply-demand tables and flow diagrams comprise one output from the information and data collected and compiled by the Bureau of Mines on a continuing basis covering mineral production, consumption, prices, shipments, imports, exports, and stocks, as well as industry activities in all States and abroad. The 10-year data base terminates with 1973 figures because adequate world information was not available beyond that data. Moreover, 1974 was an anomalous year with respect to prices, supply, and demand for many commodities.
Bureau of MinesMining and Safety Research Center, 4800 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA USA 15213
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Coal resources; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Mineral resources; Statistics; Traffic forecasting
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk traffic
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00099787
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Bureau of Mines
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM