PRACTICAL CONDITIONS FOR FREIGHT TRANSPORT IN LARGE CONTAINERS
CONDITIONS MATERIELLES DU TRANSPORT DE MARCHANDISES EN GROS CONTENEURS
This report drafted for the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, is intended to provide information about the technical possibilities of combined freight transport in large containers (ISO or non-standardized containers, 6 to 12 m. long). Details are given of the characteristics of the containers transport and handling methods, waterway, road or rail transport conditions, estimated production, installation, equipment and transfer cost for each of the techniques described. The report which is centered on the needs and requirements of developing countries, could be of interest to any body concerned with such matters.
United NationsDepartment of Economic and Social Affairs
New York, NY United States 10017
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 124 p.
- TRT Terms: Container handling; Container terminals; Container traffic; Containerization; Economics; Freight transportation; Intermodal transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Container economics
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00099778
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Railway Documentation, Selection of
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM