SYNTHESIS OF A STUDY ON THE ANALYSIS, EVALUATION AND SELECTION OF URBAN PUBLIC TRANSPORT SYSTEMS
A summary of a study carried out in 1971 by the Battelle Research Center at the request of Fiat. This study is made up of 8 volumes: (1) Definition of transport demand; (2) Definition of Transport supply; (3) Analysis of linear transport (transport serving several stations along one line); (4) Physiological problems; (5) Proposals by the Battelle Research Center for 4 original linear systems; (6) System selection process based on the functional and operational qualities of the systems; (7) Economic and technical evaluation of the systems; and (8) Project development methods. This document contains 8 chapters, summarizing the contents of the original report.
CENTRO STUDI SUI SISTEMI DI TRASPORTOROMA,
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 67 p.
- TRT Terms: Network analysis (Planning); Transportation; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00099776
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Railway Documentation, Selection of
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1981 12:00AM