A PROGRAM FOR THE MEASUREMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL NOISE IN THE COMMUNITY AND ITS ASSOCIATED HUMAN RESPONSE
This report aims at establishing the instruments and techniques for assessing the noise exposure of people in their everyday activities, for establishing a noise description scale which relates most accurately to human response to noise, and for preparing enquiry on noise problems on a national scale. The first volume presents the basic concepts of noise environment, the existing measurement techniques, and the rationale for and the detailed results of a "pilot" test. The second volume describes the development of a noise description scale and presents a programme for a national enquiry relating to noise and noise control.
- Report on the work carried out by Wyle Research under the co-sponsorship of the Office of Noise Abatement of the DOT, and the Office of Noise Abatement and Control, Environmental Protection Agency.
Department of TransportationOffice of Noise Abatement, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- SUTHERLAND, L C
- Publication Date: 1973-12
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 521 p.
- TRT Terms: Health hazards; Noise; Noise control; Noise sources; Sound level
- Old TRIS Terms: Noise effect on health
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00099766
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Railway Documentation, Selection of
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM