COMPARISON OF SKIDDING RESISTANCE VALUES ON TWO MAIN THAI HIGHWAYS WITH VARIOUS AGES
The results are presented of skid resistance measurements obtained with the Portable Skid-Resistance Tester of the Road Research Laboratory. The measurements were made every 4 months since 1972 and two asphaltic concrete surfaced highways. The results indicate that the skid resistance values on both highways are gradually decreasing. Information on traffic, design and use of limestone in surfacing, speed of traffic stream, accident, and pavement roughness is also presented. Minimum design standards for primary highways (rural) and specifications for asphaltic concrete surfacing are set forth, and details are given of the measurement of pavement roughness and skidding tests.
Thailand Department of HighwaysMaterials and Research Division
Bangkok 4, Thailand
- Sukhawanna, C
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Age; Asphalt concrete; Crashes; Highway design; Highways; Limestone; Pavements; Skid resistance; Skid resistance tests; Smoothness; Specifications; Speed; Standards; Traffic
- Old TRIS Terms: Pavement smoothness
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Pavements; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00099756
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: No 7 Res Rept.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM