PROCEDURES MANUAL FOR FLEXIBLE PAVEMENT DESIGN
This manual which provides for a uniform statewide application of the AASHO Interim Guide (to develop structurally adequate flexible pavement sections using the most appropriate and least costly combination of available surface, base, subbase, and stabilized subgrade materials), collates the experience of the Districts, the Office of Research and Materials in Gainesville and the Central Office under a common data base, and clearly defines the relationships and responsibilities involved in the design of pavements. The general factors relating to the design of flexible pavements are reviewed. These include roadbed soils (embankment and cut, soil survey and water table data, soil support value), pavement layers, serviceability and performance and design traffic. A guide for pavement design is detailed, and the determination of design parameters is discussed. The appropriate selection of alternate stabilized subgrades, stabilized subbases, subbases, bases and ACSC as defined in the specifications are discussed. General criteria for the application of ACWC to improve skid resistance are also discussed. A condensed working procedures manual is included.
Tallahassee, FL USA 32304
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Base course (Pavements); Flexible pavements; Manuals; Methodology; Pavement design; Pavement performance; Pavements; Serviceability; Skid resistance; Specifications; Subbase (Pavements); Subgrade (Pavements)
- Identifier Terms: American Association of State Highway Officials
- Uncontrolled Terms: Base; Subbase
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00099753
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM