SITE PAVING WITH FULL-DEPTH ASPHALT CONCRETE: FIRST STEP IN BUILDING CONSTRUCTION
The details are described of a cost-saving construction sequence which provides a guarantee that it can proceed without interruption by rain, snow or muddy conditions. The procedure consists of the construction upon a prepared subgrade, of a 4 to 6 in. thick, hot-mix asphalt concrete base course over the entire area that will ultimately be parking areas, service roadways, and buildings. Upon completion of all construction, a final wearing course is placed upon the hot-mix asphalt base. The prerequisites for site paving are set forth, and details are given of the composition of mixes, thickness, the asphalt bearing course, final asphalt concrete wearing course, and the excavation for structures.
Lexington, KY United States 40511-8480
- Publication Date: 1975-5
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt concrete; Base course (Pavements); Costs; Excavations; Frontage roads; Hot mix asphalt; Mix design; Parking lots; Paving; Structures; Subgrade (Pavements); Wearing course (Pavements)
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Finance; Highways; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00099752
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CL-12
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM