SIMPLIFIED DESIGN PROCEDURE FOR ECONOCRETE BASE PAVEMENTS
The simplified procedure for the translation of a portion of a concrete pavement into a base of different physical characteristics, utilizes the criterion of equivalent deflections for the two systems. It is assumed that the deflections are equivalent when the stiffnesses of the systems are equal. The method of transformation was developed and compared to the more rigorous elastic layered system theory. The two methods were found to be in close agreement within an acceptable range of the variable considered. Experimental data for a 3-layered within an acceptable range. Design charts were developed to simplify numerical solutions.
Gainesville, FL United States 32602
- Larsen, T J
- Publication Date: 1975-5
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Base course (Pavements); Cement treated soils; Charts; Concrete pavements; Deflection; Design; Elasticity (Mechanics); Pavement design; Stiffness
- Uncontrolled Terms: Base; Cement treated bases
- Old TRIS Terms: Design data; Elastic theory; Translation routines
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00099747
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM