ENERGY CONSERVATION IN TRANSPORTATION
This synthesis is organized to present information on conservation measures by mode and by approach (i.e., policy, technology, operations). Distinctions are made between those measures or technologies that can be implemented now as compared to those that will be available in the future. Only limited attention is given to air, marine, pipeline, and other modes. Finally, an attempt is made to identify gaps in present knowledge of energy conservation techniques in order to define needed research.
- Digital Copy:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/05475570
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Stowers, J R
- Boyar, V W
- Publication Date: 1985-12
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- NCHRP Synthesis of Highway Practice
- Issue Number: 121
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0547-5570
Open Access (libre)
- TRT Terms: Energy conservation; Operations; Policy; Research; Technology; Transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Energy; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Research; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00454541
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB, ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 27 2004 10:00PM