CONTINUING PROJECT TO SYNTHESIZE INFORMATION ON HIGHWAY PROBLEMS
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation officials, through the Natural Cooperatives Research Program, authorized the Transportation Research Board to undertake a continuing study, NCHRP 20-5 "Synthesis of Information Related to Highway Problems" to search out and Synthesize useful knowledge from all possible sources and to prepare documented reports on current practices in the subject areas of concern. The report series "Synthesis of Highway Practice" assembles the various forms of information into single concise documents pertaining to highway problems or sets of closely related problems. Information from numerous sources including State highway and transportation departments are analyzed and a panel of experts guides researchers in organizing and evaluating the data and reviewing the report. The Syntheses that have been published are tabulated. The topics on which work is currently under way are also tabulated. This present publication also explains the process for submision and selection of topics and the conduct of the studies. An index to published syntheses topics now under study is included.
- Record URL:
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1985-12
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- NCHRP Research Results Digest
- Issue Number: 148
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
Open Access (libre)
- TRT Terms: Documents; Highways; Information dissemination; Research; State departments of transportation; State highway departments
- Uncontrolled Terms: Documentation; Publications
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Highways; Research; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00454537
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Jul 31 1986 12:00AM