HEAVY VEHICLE ELECTRONIC LICENSE PLATE (HELP) SYSTEM
This paper undertakes the review of the history of the development of the Heavy Vehicle Electronic License Plate (HELP) concept developed by the Arizona Department of Transportation. The review encompasses a detailed technical explanation of the HELP concept and gives the various components' relationships to the total system. An explanation of vehicle transponder/data collection site/central processing is given along with a brief overview of system economics and current research direction.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- West Coast International Meeting and Exposition, Portland, Oregon, August 4-8, 1985.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Schmitt, L A
- Publication Date: 1985
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Economics; Electronic license plates; Heavy vehicles; History; Research; Systems analysis
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Subject Areas: Economics; History; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00452073
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 851456, HS-039 253
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 31 1986 12:00AM