BIOFIDELITY OF THE HYBRID III HEAD
An analysis was done of published forehead head impact data from cadaver specimens. Only data that were sufficiently documented to allow duplication of the impact environment were used in the analysis. A Hybrid III head, a Part 572 head, a Repeatable Pete head and two WSU heads were subjected to the same impact environments as the cadavers. A comparison of peak resultant head accelerations indicated that the Hybrid III response was the most representative of the cadaver data. The Part 572 head produced accelerations which were greater than the responses of the cadavers. These results support the claim that the Hybrid III head's response is humanlike for forehead impacts.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- Presented at SAE Government/Industry Meeting and Exposition Washington, D.C., May 20-23, 1985.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Mertz, H J
- Publication Date: 1985
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Biophysics; Cadavers; Crash tests; Dummies; Head
- Subject Areas: Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00451293
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 851245, HS-039 099
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 31 1985 12:00AM