A STATE OF THE ART APPROACH TO PROPER CAR CARE
The American Automobile Association provides a broad-based program of car care education for members and non-members. This program increases awareness of the need for improved automotive maintenance and should result in more reliable and safer cars. Studies of frequent diagnostic and maintenance faults found by AAA's automotive diagnostic services testing confirm the need for routine maintenance that can be performed by car owners if they have basic instruction. A comprehensive response to the need of motorists for car care assistance is discussed along with a description of programs that have been developed. The implications for automotive and automotive-related service industries are evident and are addressed from the standpoint of the motorist and AAA member.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- International Congress and Exposition, Detroit, Michigan, February 25-March 1, 1985.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Giek, G G
- Thurmond, J C
- McIntyre, M
- Publication Date: 1985
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Awareness; Diagnostic tests; Education; State of the art studies; Vehicle maintenance
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00450931
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 850430, HS-038 975
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 31 1985 12:00AM