A VIBRATION ANALYSIS OF FLEXIBLE SHAFTS FOR SPEEDOMETERS
The fluctuation of the speedometer pointer and noise from the speedometer cable has been an ever-present problem. The cable route through the engine compartment, with its many parts, is complicated and the necessity for silence is required for today's passenger cars. The resultant cause of meter pointer fluctuation and cable noise are discussed in this report through the use of the static characteristics and vibration analysis of the flexible shaft. Finally technical measures to prevent the pointer fluctuation and the cable noise are shown.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- International Congress and Exposition, Detroit, Michigan, February 25-March 1, 1985.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Ohtsu, S
- Nagao, H
- Publication Date: 1985
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Flexibility; Noise; Shafts (Machinery); Speedometers; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Flexible shafts; Fluctuation
- Subject Areas: Environment; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00450928
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 850324, HS-038 972
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 31 1985 12:00AM