HINDCASTING WIND SEA AND SWELL IN THE NORTH SEA
This paper describes how a pure numerical model for forecasting wind sea and swell by means of an electronic computer is used for hindcasting in the North Sea. The model is used for the hindcasting of three situations that might be of some interest, because the routine forecast gave very inaccurate results.
- Decade Ahead, 1970-1980 is the report of the 5th Annual Conference and Exhibition of the Marine Technology Society, June 15-18, 1969, Miami Beach, Florida.
Marine Technology Society5565 Sterrett Place, Suite 108
Columbia, MD USA 21044
- Houmb, O G
- Publication Date: 1969
- Pagination: p. 281-297
- TRT Terms: Water waves; Weather forecasting
- Old TRIS Terms: Hindcasting; Sea surface characteristics; Wave forecasting
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00019413
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 19 1973 12:00AM