MODEL EXPERIMENT ON LATERAL RESISTANCE OF FOOTING FOUNDATION IN CRUSHED STONE BED
This report covers model experiments with lateral strength of footing foundations, necessary to resist the forces which might develop in the course of an earthquake. To define the resistance of such foundations in sand and cohesive soils, a three - dimensional model was used. The cross section of the sliding surface and the scope of the rupture field were observed at the ultimate displacement. Determined were the passive coefficient in the passive state and the coefficient of horizontal subgrade reaction.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/3127232
- Also available from ESL.
JAPANESE NATIONAL RAILWAYSTOKYO, Japan
- Moriyama, S
- Suzuki, Y
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: p. 219-220
- Railway Technical Research Institute, Quarterly Reports
- Volume: 15
- Issue Number: 4
- Publisher: Railway Technical Research Institute/Tetsudo Gijutsu Kenkyujo
- ISSN: 0033-9008
- Serial URL: http://www.rtri.or.jp/eng/
- TRT Terms: Earth pressure; Earthquake resistant structures; Foundations; Soil mechanics; Subgrade (Pavements)
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00084932
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Railway Technical Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Quart Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM