Two articles on intermodal transportation discuss the market possibilities and problems of piggyback and container traffic. One article analyzes the service and competitive realities of the traffic with specific reference to the Southern Pacific Transportation Company. The problems of regaining traffic from truckers is examined. The second article describes terminal operations and problems.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/4175009
Murphy-Richter Publishing Company20 North Wacker Driver
Chicago, IL United States 60606
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Containers; Intermodal terminals; Intermodal transportation; Piggyback transportation
- Identifier Terms: Southern Pacific Railroad
- Old TRIS Terms: Intermodal operations
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00084923
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Canadian National Railways, Headquarters Library
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM