DESIGN OF A TWO-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE FOR AN ELECTRIC VEHICLE
An advanced electric vehicle powertrain has been designed by the Ford Motor Company. This unique powertrain concept totally integrates a three phase ac induction motor with a two speed fully automatic transaxle, arranged concentrically about the drive wheel axis. The motor and transaxle assembly is designed to provide a low cost, lightweight, highly efficient, and practical powertrain system based upon the most advanced automotive practices. This program is funded as a major element of the Department of Energy's "Electric and Hybrid Vehicle Program" and includes the General Electric Company as a major subcontractor to Ford.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- International Congress and Exposition, Detroit, Michigan, February 25-March 1, 1985.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Koneda, P T
- Stockton, T R
- Publication Date: 1985
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Design; Economic efficiency; Electric vehicles; Power trains
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Energy; Finance; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00450631
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 850198, HS-038 594
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 30 1985 12:00AM