ON THE MEASUREMENT OF ENERGY RELEASE RATES IN VAPOR CLOUD EXPLOSIONS
A technique for determining the energy release rate of unconfined vapor cloud explosions is outlined. The technique is based on the finite amplitude isentropic acoustics of a centered spherical wave and involves the reduction of data from three pressure gauges which are instrumenting the explosion. The method of characteristics is used to back calculate to an effective spherical piston which replaces the explosion to allow energy release rates at the explosion site to be calculated.
GORDON AND BREACH SCIENCE PUB.AMSTERDAM:
- Strehlow, R A
- Savage, L D
- Vance, G M
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: p. 307-312
- Combustion Science and Technology
- Volume: 6
- Publisher: GORDON AND BREACH SCIENCE PUB.
- TRT Terms: Ignition systems; Liquefied natural gas; Spills (Pollution)
- Old TRIS Terms: Lng ignition; Lng spills; Vapor cloud explosions
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00084907
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: GORDON AND BREACH SCIENCE PUB.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM