ROTAS SHIPBUILDING SYSTEM
The present and projected large worldwide production of VLCCs and ULCCs and their continually increasing size, combined with increasing labor costs, increasing cost of materials and money, and the trend toward shorter work weeks have spurred shipbuilders around the world to search for methods, systems, or equipment that would enable them to reduce their manpower requirements and accelerate shipbuilding schedules. The ROTAS system which Mitsui developed provides a solution to all of the problems involved in the fabrication, assembly, welding, transport, and positioning of such large assemblies for the construction of tanker midbodies is described.
- Super Ocean Carrier Conference, Proceedings, New York, New York, January 16-18, 1974.
Super Ocean Carrier Conference OrganizationBerth 84, P.O. Box 269
San Pedro, CA USA 90733
- Futtrup, H A
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: p. 567-588
- TRT Terms: Labor market; Management; Productivity; Shipbuilding; Shipyards; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipyard management; Tanker construction
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00084876
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 19 1975 12:00AM