I-15/STATE STREET CORRIDOR. CORRIDOR ALTERNATIVES ANALYSIS. FINAL REPORT
A study of the I15/State Street corridor through the center of Salt Lake County was undertaken to develop, analyze, and evaluate alternatilve highway and transit improvement packages for the corridor. The study also attempted to identify a small set of exemplary alternatives worthy of more detailed project development, and to provide the appropriate technical and planning basis and local consensus for the project development activities to follow. The study processes are described and the nine alternative improvement packages that were identified are documented and compared. Each chapter of this report summarizes a major Task Report or Technical Memorandum produced for the study. The chapters discuss the existing transportation facilities within the corridor, the need for capital investment, the framework to insure public participation, the screening of alternatives, and the performance of each of the alternatives in meeting future needs. Ennvironmental assessment and cost estimates for the alternatives are discussed. Key findings and recommendations are presented.
- Report prepared in association with Myra L. Frank Associates and Richard Chong and Associates, and submitted to Wasatch Front Regional Council.
Parsons Brinckerhoff Quade and Douglas, IncorporatedOne Penn Plaza
New York, NY United States 10119
Comsis Corporation11501 Georgia Avenue
Wheaton, MD United States 20902
- Publication Date: 1985-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Costs; Environmental impacts; Highways; Improvements; Investments; Public participation; Public transit; Recommendations; Transportation corridors; Transportation planning
- Identifier Terms: Interstate Highway System
- Subject Areas: Environment; Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research; Society; Terminals and Facilities; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00458188
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1986 12:00AM