TRANSPORTATION ENERGY DATA BOOK: EDITION 8
This is a statistical compendium designed for use as a desk-top reference, the data book represents an assembly and display of statistics and information that characterize transportation activity, and presents data on other factors that influence transportation energy use. The purpose of this document is to present relevant statistical data in the form of tables and graphs. Each of the major transportation modes -- highway, air, water, rail, pipeline -- is treated in separate chapters or sections, although aggregate energy use and energy supply data for all modes are presented in Chapter 1. The highway mode, which accounts for over three-fourths of total transportation energy consumption, is dealt with in Chapter 2. Topics in this chapter include vehicle stock characteristics, fuel efficiency, fleet automobiles, buses, and trucks. Chapter 3 covers each of the nonhighway modes: air, water, pipeline, and rail, respectively.
- Edition 8 of ORNL-5198.
Department of Energy1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20585
- Hanchey, C M
- Holcomb, M C
- Publication Date: 1985-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Automobiles; Buses; Energy; Fuel consumption; Graphics; Highway transportation; Pipelines; Railroad transportation; Statistics; Tables (Data); Transportation; Trucks; Vehicles; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Graphic methods
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Energy; Geotechnology; Materials; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00453703
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ORNL-6205
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1986 12:00AM