EFFECTS OF ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND OTHER FACTORS ON TIRE TREADWEAR RATE
A treadwear investigation was carried out with four brands of radial tires having different tread rubber compounds. The tires were randomly selected, except for one brand in which they were selected from the same mold and date. Identical series of tests were conducted in cold and hot weather. Treadwear was measured both by groove depth and tire weight. A discussion of the results is included.
- Fourth Annual Tire Society Meeting and Conference on Tire Science and Technology, March 26-27, 1985 under the auspices of the University of Akron, 145 Schrank Hall South.
Tire Society, Incorporated68 Spring Garden Drive
Munroe Falls, OH United States 44262
- Bascunana, J L
- Publication Date: 1985
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Cold weather; Hot weather; Pavement grooving; Radial ply tires; Rubber; Tire treads; Weight
- Old TRIS Terms: Grooves; Radial tires
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00451818
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-039 096
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 31 1985 12:00AM