SUMMARY OF DOT NATIONAL SECURITY AND EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS FUNCTIONS
The purpose of this report is to provide a brief outline of Secretarial and Departmental responsibilities and activities in the areas of national security and emergency preparedness. The intent is to focus on those responsibilities and functions with significant policy, operational and budgetary significance, in order to aid in dealing more effectively with policy-related questions on these matters. The report is in three sections, with attachments. The first section provides a general Department overview, the second section summarizes civil disaster assistance responsibilities and the third section summarizes national defense-related activities.
Asst Secretary for Policy & International AffairsEconomic Studies Division, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1985-5
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Budgeting; Civil defense; Disaster preparedness; Disasters and emergency operations; Operations; Policy; Transportation departments
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Department of Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Activity; Responsibilities
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00451501
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 30 1985 12:00AM