FUNDAMENTALS OF ELECTRICITY AND SKILLS INSTRUCTION FOR CHASSIS ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
The purpose of this manual is to introduce the student to the fundamentals of electricity and how they apply to the electrical system of a transit coach. This fundamentals manual provides background and supportive information for use with the more specific systems explanation manual. The systems explanation and fundamentals manuals, along with the skill instruction material and job performance aids, form a complet training package on the 4523A, 5307A, and 5308A coach electrical systems. The fundamentals manual defines and explains many common electrical terms. Also, the electical symbols used in wiring diagrams are explained and identified. For students who already have some basic knowledge of electricity, this manual will serve to unify the information and act as a memory refresher. "Fundamentals of Electricity" is presented under the following four headings: (1) Nature of Electricity; (2) Magnetism and Electromagnetism; (3) Voltage Producing Devices -- Generators and Batteries; and (4) Basic Electrical Circuits.
- Prepared for AFL-CIO Appalachian Council, Transit Employee Training Project.
Xyzyx Information CorporationCanoga Park, CA United States
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Electric batteries; Electric circuits; Electricity; Electromagnetism; Generators; Training; Training devices; Vehicle maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Bus maintenance; Instructions
- Old TRIS Terms: Bases /fundamentals/; Circuits
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Energy; Maintenance and Preservation; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00450846
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-URT-30-82
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 30 1985 12:00AM