KEYNOTE ADDRESS - AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Industry successes as well as the accomplishments of the US DOE in the Automotive Technology Development Program are discussed. The US DOE believes in conservation as a part of a comprehensive and balanced energy policy because the transportation sector currently uses nearly 27% of the total energy consumed in the US and transportation claims 61% of all petroleum consumed in this country. Achievements in the field of transportation energy efficiency can significantly contribute to the future security and prosperity of the US. security and prosperity of the US.
- From the Automotive Technology Development Contractor Coordinatoin meeting, Dearborn, Michigan, 13 November 1983.
Department of Energy1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20585
- Collins, W P
- Publication Date: 1984-3
- Pagination: p. 5-7
- TRT Terms: Automotive engineering; Development; Energy conservation; Research; Technological innovations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Research; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00451567
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CONF-831142
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 2004 9:51PM