DATA SOURCE COMPENDIUM OF NONRESIDENTIAL TRANSPORTATION
This report provides a comprehensive listing of data sources for all modes of the nonresidential sector, including highway, air, rail, marine, pipelilne, and military transportation. Significant data are available for the most regulated industries. Thus, the natural gas industry reports very good data regarding the energy used in transporting gas through the pipelines. In contrast, in the petroleum pipeline industry, energy end use data can only be obtained with estimation models. Also, data from the National Railroad Passenger Corporation (AMTRAK) and the class I freight railroads are very good, but no data are reported from the railroads of classes II and III. Among other recommendations, it is recommended that a survey be developed for commercial automotive fleets.
- Report Brief. Category: Transportation. July 1986.
Oak Ridge National LaboratoryCons & Renew Energy Prog, Energy Div, P.O.Box X
Oak Ridge, TN United States 37831
Department of EnergyEnergy Information Administration, 1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20585
- McGill, R N
- Holcomb, M C
- Publication Date: 1985-10
- Pagination: 68 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Commercial vehicles; Data collection; Energy; Freight trains; Fuel consumption; Highway transportation; Mathematical models; Military transportation; Natural gas; Petroleum; Pipelines; Railroad transportation; Surveys; Transportation; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data sources; Models
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00458145
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1987 12:00AM