WALKING: THE PARADOX OF PUBLIC OPINION
The author discusses some theoretical and practical problems concerning how "walking" is considered as a method of transport, and the policies which might be developed to make walking safer, easier and more convenient.
University of OxfordTransport Studies Unit, 11 Bevington Road
Oxford, United Kingdom OX2 6NB
- Goodwin, P B
- Publication Date: 1985-2
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Pedestrian safety; Policy; Public opinion; Walking
- Uncontrolled Terms: Convenience
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Policy; Society; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00457684
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TSU/REF-283
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1986 12:00AM