TRU WASTE CERTIFICATION COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTANCE OF NEWLY GENERATED CONTACT-HANDLED WASTES TO BE SHIPPED TO THE WIPP. REVISION 1
Compliance requirements are presented for certifying that unclassified, newly generated, contact-handled (CH) transuranic (TRU) solid wastes from defense programs meet the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) Waste Acceptance Criteria (WAC). Where appropriate, transportation and interim storage requirements are incorporated, however, interim storage sites may have additional requirements consistent with these requirements. All applicable DOE orders must continue to be met. The compliance requirements for stored or buried waste are not addressed in this document. The compliance requirements are divided into four sections, primarily determined by the general feature that the requirements address. These sections are General Requirements, Waste Container Requirements, Waste Form Requirements, and Waste Package Requirements. The waste package is the combination of waste container and waste.
Westinghouse Electric CorporationChurchill Borough
Pittsburgh, PA United States 15235
- Publication Date: 1985-9
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Compliance; Containers; Handling and storage; Radioactive waste disposal; Regulations; Solid waste disposal; Spent reactor fuels; Storage facilities; Transportation
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Department of Defense
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Law; Materials; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00457675
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: WIPP-DOE-114-Rev.1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1986 12:00AM